Reopening Kid’s Ministry Procedures
We are so thankful for your family. As always, we are striving to keep your child healthy and safe while in our care. Thank you in advance for your understanding as we navigate through these precarious times The following policies and procedures are standard practices in our kid’s ministry department or have been added due to Covid-19. When a policy or procedure listed below differs from the Ministry Policy in any way, the temporary policies in place due to Covid-19 override the previous policy.
Arrival / Check-In
- Only one parent / guardian per child should enter the children’s area for check-in and pick up (no older siblings).
- We will not be temperature screening unless a child exhibits questionable symptoms while in our care. At which time, the teacher will check the child’s temperature. Any temperature registering 100.4 or higher will result in the child being removed from the group and the parent contacted immediately for pick up.
- The check-in station has been updated to allow for bar code scanning or Express check-in prior to arrival. While we continue to work with this new technology, please be patient with us. You may still have to click SUBMIT at the check in station to get your labels to print. Please use hand sanitizer located at the check-in station if you touch any of the equipment.
- Once you have your stickers, please proceed to the classroom. Teachers will greet parents at the door. Please do not enter the classroom.
- All children will be instructed to wash hands and use hand sanitizer upon entering the classroom.
- Students with ongoing medical issues that are not contagious (coughing from allergies / asthma) may be asked by the director to provide documentation of this condition that he/she is safe to attend a group classroom.
Volunteers and Classroom Interaction
- All volunteers will have temperature check upon arrival to the children’s area. The sick policy for a volunteer is the same as a child. Your child’s teacher will not be socially distanced from him/ her. Children will not be socially distanced from their classmates. Your child’s class will become a group that will practice healthy hygiene while together.
- Volunteers will not be wearing masks.
Classroom Procedures for Cleaning / Sanitizing
- Toys are washed and disinfected before each group enters the classroom.
- We will temporarily suspend the use of dress up clothing and playdough.
- Commonly shared items such as crayons, glue, markers may be used in the classroom.
- All surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected per CDC guidelines.
- Volunteers will use disinfecting wipes to clean “mouthed” toys during sesesions.
- Play surfaces will be disinfected between classes.
- Playground is temporarily closed.
- Normal security procedures apply. Parent / guardian must present matching guardian sticker to child’s teacher to pick-up the child. However, the stickers will not be placed in the basket during exit, you will drop your sticker in the trash can located by the doors as you exit the children’s area.
- Only one parent / guardian per child should enter the children’s area.
- Parents should not enter the child’s classroom, but wait for the teacher to bring your child and belongings to the door.
- Please do not congregate in the atrium area outside of the children’s area.